Building in-browser gaming calculator

Berry Mayer

Hi,

I have super limited programming / coding knowledge, so this may not even be the correct thread (please move me if so).

I want to build my own custom calculator for info/values from a game and add it to a browser on a website. I need to know what kind of stuff to look and and learn to be able to do this. Can anyone help?

here is an example link of the calculator i would like to try replicating: https://www.runehq.com/calculator/combat-level

My two questions;
1.) how easy would this be to learn / do?
2.) what are the terms i should be googling / youtubing to learn how to replicate this?

Monty Marvin

ChatGPT from openai would do almost all the work for you. You will just have to stitch it together. Play around with it. This is an easy enough job for it to do

Candelario

Programming the concept is easy. You will have trouble with the calculations working out of the box most times, though, with what you are doing and if you are working with chatbot. I do lots of programming with it, and nothing is ever perfect. It comes down to you shaping things around your final goal. You will need to know the variables and how you are going to organize and store/handle them effectively while the values change and the app works. Defo if you are new to programming, you'll have fun. For anyone with over a few months experience this would take a few days at most. So you will have an end in sight, that isn't too far away and unreachable.
⚡⚡ Luckily, there is a tool to check if your AI content will rank in Google - and it can even fact-check.⚡⚡
✌️ ✌️ 50 Slot Website Monitoring - Helps keep you alert of your uptime so you don't lose ranking ✌️ ✌️
✨One of the most useful Multi Profile browsers on the market! Only Fans Profiles ☑️ | Youtube Profiles ✅ | Adwords Accounts ☑️ | Tik Tok ✅

Hollis Macejkovic

So for of all you`ll need to learn how to work with forms, so HTML will definetely needed. Second - CSS for some styling, it`s pretty easy. Next one - Javascript. Here I suppose you to try learn classes and build some pattern for object, that will have methods, what will caclulate values on youn instance and then save them to the properties, which you want. Also, maybe you`ll need to learn some higher order functions, whin in your case will be reduce method, to sum everything...Nothing is hard at all here, but you don`t have any experience with programming, it can take week or two, not more. Cheers