Fast c# web application deployment on Linux

Michael Nader

Hi!

I'm probably delving into more of a DEVOPS question here, but I'm hopeful you can assist.

I'm a C# programmer with limited expertise in Linux. However, as you know, .NET has been running on various operating systems and architectures for quite some time. When it comes to deploying small web services on Linux servers I face difficulties.

Mostly using Debian-based machines, I find myself spending a lot of time creating systemd service files for web applications, configuring back-end proxy for Nginx, setting up SSL, and going through a series of other tasks.

Can you handle these tasks more efficiently? Is there a ready-to-use stack or a direct solution for this? I'm not expecting the ease of cPanel + PHP, but I'm looking for a solution where I can have a bit more of a "create site," "deploy files," "start" kind of expectation.

I'm all ears to you.

Hoyt Denesik

Use docker-compose and you are good to go. Literally made my life 10 times better.

Something like docker-compose, but need to programmatically deploy stuff and change things? k8s