(First Post) Some copywriting knowledge I came across

Amiya Schowalter

Hi,

Lately, I've been delving into copywriting. I've taken this step because I am writing an email sequence for my affiliate marketing project and wanted to know how to make it as compelling as possible.

This is not my first affiliate project, I started one (and failed) at the beginning of this year but I know Rome wasn't built in a day and since then, I have committed to growth and learning.

Now onto what I've learned.

I can't remember exactly where I saw this quote but I wrote it down.

"The next time you're writing, don't write for a demographic. Those people don't exist . The real readers won't recognise themselves in a collection of demographic traits."

To put it another way, stop writing for the masses and instead write as if you are having a conversation with the person you are writing to. While you are writing try to imagine as if you are having a conversation with this person.

I think the goal here is to try to make your copy seem more human and more relatable. When copy is relatable it is automatically emotional and good conversation is based on emotion, not logic.

Imaging the person you are writing this copy for also forces you to think about THEM, not you. You have to think about their priorities, not yours.

Anyways, hope that was helpful.