How to Properly Cloak for Google and Facebook

Jasen Bauch

I still see a lot of affiliates struggling running MMO campaigns on FB and Google so I hope this might help out some of you.

First of all: in 99.9999% of the cases your campaign/ad account will get restricted when running MMO campaigns. This guide is not here to guarantee you no bans or restrictions, I’m just here to show you how to stretch the lifespan.

Let’s start by understanding WHY your ads or ad accounts get restricted.

1. If your ads get rejected shortly after publishingit means that you didn’t pass the automatic review. Here’s what you need to do:
    1. If you’re using creatives you will need to clean the meta-data of your creatives and slightly adjust the image to make it unique. There’s a lot of tools out for free that can help you with this.
    2. Blacklisted keywords/phrases in your copy. Common sense helps here, change the copy to something more white.
    3. Bad domain/server IP. The best thing is to use a different domain for each ad account and use Cloudflare proxy to prevent IP detection/linking.
  2. Your ads get rejected after a whileit means that there has been a manual review and you didn’t pass it.
    1. Usually this can be due to the use of an unreliable/weak cloaker and the reviewer has been shown your black content.
    2. The ad was suspicious. For example you’re ad creative shows a Ferrari and lots of cash but the white-page is a cooking recipe.

The most common reason why your ads and ad accounts get rejected is simply because it DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

First have a strong cloaker and secondly:
Make everything ‘make sense’!
If you’re running weight loss products and your ad is about weight loss then your white-page HAS to be in the weight loss niche. Not some random restaurant in Los Angeles..

You have to put yourself in the chair of the reviewer.
Do the campaigns make sense if you were the reviewer?

The best MMO campaigns I’ve seen are the ones that make you feel like the white-page is the actual page because everything just makes so much sense.