Instagram Automation Journey

Leilani Koepp

For the past month i been learning growth hacking or Instagram automations in order to manage and grow multiple client accounts on Instagram. The automation tool / provider i'm using was selected based on reviews from sources i trust and because of the active Telegram community and support for the tool. Support is essential for beginners like me.

I started with one IG account [~6 months old, 47 existing posts, 460 followers] using an engagement strategy on the tool: story views, story likes, story answers [polls, quizzes, etc] and post likes.

I chose 47 targets [similar IG accounts, followers, followings, Hashtags, etc] for my scrapers to collect data from before my main account would then use this data [collected users] to engage with.

Within the first 24 hours of running the tool i had gained 47 new followers for a total of 507 followers.

All things being equal, i did not post to the account or do anything other than let the tool run over that 24hr period.

From this point, growth stalled almost immediately after that first 24hr period and i havent been able to replicate this initial single day growth [~10%]. However the account has continued growing and seeing better engagememt.

I've tried resting the account / tool for 72hrs in case i had been flag or action blocked.. And later in my testing i halted for 5 days,
I've also posted 5 times and experimented with settings by eliminating mass actions like story views and story likes. .

3 weeks later and the account has 540 followers and better engagement on all posts. however it was not a smooth 3 weeks as indicated above [<user error] and i'm certain follower growth can improve

Going forward, i will be keeping close track of any and all inputs for my own benefit and to share as i make future updates to my journey.

Testing this week:

- Adding new aged accounts ~8yrs old

- 4G or residential proxy

- warmup process - for new [aged] account, to build trust score and ultimately allow the account to carry out a high number of actions / reactions everyday without problems, AKA run and grow smoothly on the tool.

Testing this Month:

- Mother / Child method

- Chat bots for comments & DMs

Webster Casper

Yea that’s sounds. I’m guessing the reason why you saw a lot of growth the first day was because Instagram allows you to follow a larger number of people starting off. However, if you then try to follow the same amount of people in the coming days, they suspect that as suspicious activity and most likely action blocked your account. Normally, the action blocks get resolved after 3 weeks.

Leilani Koepp

Yea that’s sounds. I’m guessing the reason why you saw a lot of growth the first day was because Instagram allows you to follow a larger number of people starting off. However, if you then try to follow the same amount of people in the coming days, they suspect that as suspicious activity and most likely action blocked your account. Normally, the action blocks get resolved after 3 weeks.
Thanks for the feedback, the first day settings were mass story actions: answer, quiz, sliders, polls, and story views + story likes.. week 2 i tried follows - 15 / day and youre correct, the account was action blocked which led to me resting the account and changing this setting as it seemed i did not have the trust score to use a Follow/unfollow strategy. This is one reason i'm starting fresh with new aged accounts and focusing on warmup, proxies, etc..