Site sold on flippa - dispute!

Maggio

I recently sold a site on Flippa; the buyer initiated the payment via escrow; the buyer wanted the domain to be transferred to his Godaddy account from my current registrar’s. I asked the buyer to create an account on my current registrar’s so that the transfer would be instant, but he wanted the domain to be transferred to his GoDaddy account. Meanwhile, he wanted admin access to the Blogger panel (the site is on Blogger), and it was provided.

He removed my Adsense and ezoic integration, and he applied for Adsense even before the domain was transferred to his GoDaddy (it took 6 days for the transfer).

He got AdSense rejection mail after a few days of applying. He applied for the second time after the domain was transferred to him, but he got a rejection message within hours after applying with a low-value content message.

The buyer is saying it's the seller’s responsibility to ensure getting adsense or ezoic approval for the site on behalf of the buyer, and he wants to cancel the transaction now if it gets rejected for the third time. Note: I helped him make some changes to the menu(site navigation) and asked him to reapply. Now awaiting a response from adsense, and the escrow inspection period is going to end in the next two days.

Question: Is it really a seller’s responsibility to get adsense approval on behalf of the buyer? We never agreed anything on monetization approvals before closing the deal.

Should I accept the return of merchandise or should I object and dispute? It's already been two weeks, and I have to reapply for AdSense and ezoic, and I have to face the hassle of re-listing the site again!

Note: the traffic is still steady as it was and it is getting around 300 to 400 users per day; the site was earning well in terms of adsense and ezoic; I am not sure of the rejection in the first place; I assume it’s mainly due to their automated approval process rejecting it because of the site design or something!

Lesley

This should completely boil down to if you stated on the sales page that you would guarantee approval.
If you did not state that, then no I don't see how getting approval would have anything to do with the sale as you are selling the site as is.

Lubowitz

I did not state that in the sales pitch; i never did that in any of my previous listings.

Not sure what flippa is gonna say in this regard!

Monahan

No if you did not guarantee adsense acceptance it is not your responsibility mate. But you do what you feel best.

Devante

In that case it should turn out in your favor and the fact that you also were able to run your own tags on the site without an issue further strengthens your case (although it shouldn't even be necessary).