What are the advantages and disadvantages of using C# for web development?

Shania Vandervort

I’m currently evaluating different programming languages and frameworks for a new web development project. C# has caught my eye, especially with its use in ASP.NET, but I’m still on the fence about it.

Could you all share your experiences on the advantages and disadvantages of using C# for web development? I’m interested in hearing about:

1. Performance: How does it compare to other languages like JavaScript or Python?
2. Ecosystem: Are there enough libraries and tools available?
3. Scalability: How well does it scale for large projects?
4. Learning Curve: Is it easy to pick up for someone with basic programming knowledge?
5. Community Support: Is there a strong community behind C# that can provide assistance?

Your insights would be invaluable to me, and likely others who are facing the same decision. Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

Kylee Russel

There are 0 disadvantages generally.. maybe in some very specific niches. An abundance of learnning resources, extremely well supported. Anyone that says otherwise is misinformed :)

Earlene Raynor

I would never use any Microsoft technology unless forced to. Windows hosting is usually more expensive. Open Source languages and frameworks usually have more libraries. You also have more choice, i.e. you can select a framework that exactly fits your needs.