Best Language For Scrapping Data From Twitter

Gerhard Jerde

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to scrape data from Twitter. What would you say is the best programming language or tool for this task? I'm open to suggestions and experiences!

Thanks!

Cristal Walsh

Python is one of the most used languages for scraping. If you gonna use their API there's a ton of options. If you just wanna get tweets from specific users or from search queries you can try nitter wrappers

Ignatius Gerhold

In my opinion there is no better language, best language is which you are familiar with and also it depends on what kind of app are you going to create. Sure, if it is desktop application js won`t be the best choice, and if you are creating web tool c++ won`t be too.

Camryn Schultz

Considering the required speed, safety (closed source, not to be decompiled), stability, platform independence and scalability I would use C++.

There are also many C/C++ libraries available for regular tasks like HTTP requests, cookies, ...

If I were you I would also use the private (!) Twitter API behind the Twitter iOS app, since the security limitations are much lower there.
I am a freelancing reverse engineer (iOS/Android), bot developer, full stack developer, C++ coder, encryption/decryption professional from West Europe.

Gerard Quigley

I am not a coder and tried something similar recently, had some pretty great results with free chatGPT.