Have you experienced this too?

Joelle Auer

Hello, 10 days ago I started a YouTube channel, where I only post shorts. The channel is a few months old, it is not a fresh one.
I post 1-2 short videos a day.
In the first 7 days everything went perfectly, the channel started to grow from all points of view (I have attached the picture).
Exactly after 7 days everything died, youtube no longer sends my videos in the feed. It's already the 3rd day when I barely get 100 views in total. The new videos barely got 5-6 views.
I specify that I have very good statistics on videos and retention is above average.
However, I still post, even if I'm very demotivated...I keep thinking that's how the YouTube algorithm works, it probably checks if the views were real or "fake".
Also, in the first 7 days, the first videos appeared in Shorts to my subscribers, but now it doesn't appear anymore.
I want to know if you encountered this problem and what you did in this situation? Did you keep posting? Is everything back to normal?

Thank you!
1714699063576.png

Kara Blanda

Yes this is normal. Tiktok does the same thing the platform will send some test traffic to your content and see how it preforms. If your content gets engagement and good retention they will keep sending you views. if your content does not prefrom well they will stop recommending/showing it. They will test your content again in a month, maybe longer maybe shorter.

Ashlee Stokes

That's not normal, you got hit, somehow. Are you using AI maybe? Voice over? Also don't tick the "Publish to Subscribers feed ..." thing.

~2 months ago I lost roughly 60% of views, then i changed niche and I instantly got to hundreds of thousands views daily. 1 upload every 2 days.

Joelle Auer

Yes this is normal. Tiktok does the same thing the platform will send some test traffic to your content and see how it preforms. If your content gets engagement and good retention they will keep sending you views. if your content does not prefrom well they will stop recommending/showing it. They will test your content again in a month, maybe longer maybe shorter.
Should I keep posting? Or to take a break....
As I know consistency is the key....but when i see this drop from 10k+/day to 100 views/day demotivate me....

Kara Blanda

Should I keep posting? Or to take a break....
As I know consistency is the key....but when i see this drop from 10k+/day to 100 views/day demotivate me....

it depends some people will start fresh with a new account until one of their videos goes "viral" and gets a lot of traffic then once a video gets a lot of traffic they start using that account as their main account deleting all other accounts that get stuck in this no view zone.

Some users push through this and keep making videos.

Joelle Auer

That's not normal, you got hit, somehow. Are you using AI maybe? Voice over? Also don't tick the "Publish to Subscribers feed ..." thing.

~2 months ago I lost roughly 60% of views, then i changed niche and I instantly got to hundreds of thousands views daily. 1 upload every 2 days.
I don't use, it's about sports moments.
I tested and ticked the "Publish to Subscribers feed ..." thing and without in this 3 days but unfortunately the same result.
The videos are edited, of course, they contain emoji, text, audio effects, music to attract viewers to watch until the end.
Nothing copy-paste.

EDIT: I post only fresh content, not old.

Janie Davis

It sounds like you may have hit a temporary slump in your channel's growth, which can happen due to various factors like changes in the YouTube algorithm or fluctuations in viewer interest. It's important to stay consistent and keep posting regularly, even when you're feeling demotivated

Joelle Auer

Specifically, I did not delete any video and repost it or set it to private and repost it.
I informed myself very well before starting this channel... but still it seems very strange to me what is happening...