I've been an affiliate for over 6 years now

Jackson Stamm

Hello, I've been away from this forum for a while, but somehow keep coming back. I don't know what's the point of this thread, but I just want to share what's on my mind.

My main source of income has been affiliate marketing for over 6 years now. It's crazy to say that as I still feel as fresh as when I started. I never wanted to be a marketer and I never believed I could make any money on the internet, so I tried for the sake of it.

The moment I made my first $1 online, I felt like a fire started inside me motivating to keep going. It was more and more encouraging after every dollar I made. To tell the truth, the first half of the year I didn't make much more than $2, but that was enough for me, because now I knew it was possible. So I kept going, was persistent and determined to reach for more.

Back then I would probably kill to be in a position I am in now, but to be fair I hate it. I never liked affiliate marketing and I still don't like it now. I hate how shady and scammy most offers are. I hate how unstable the whole market is. I hate how difficult it can be to communicate. I think my dream job is to be a programmer, but I can't compete in the freelance market with my lackluster skills and there is no way I can go back to a 9-5 job after working for myself for so long now. So now I'm stuck being an affiliate marketer. It's funny how so many people fail to become one after trying for years and I am here trying to run away.

It's not all bad though, I love the freedom that comes with it. I can schedule my day as I wish, go to the gym when its empty, meet my uneployed friends or just play video games all morning. I am also able to frequently travel and work from wherever, all I need is my laptop. I cannot imagine having to work for someone and be restricted on how to manage your time. The work hours as an affiliate are unpredictable, some days I work for 12 hours without a break and sometimes it's enough to get on my phone for 30 min.

I don't regret starting affiliate marketing, but it's not as glamorous as some make it seem. If I could change things in the past, I would probably have pursued my computer science career. I know it's technically never too late, but I don't know if I have it in me to try to start something from the very bottom again. Will see..

2 most triggering phrases for me are "just scale it" and "set it and forget it" as if it was that simple, right?

As I said I'm not sure what's the point of this thread, but feel free to ask me if you have any questions.