Journey to $10,000/mo in Software Sales

Kim Volkman

I work full time as a software developer, but over the past year or so I have been becoming more interested in the liberation of being my own developer.

Humans are naturally creative beings, and creating and exchanging things makes us feel satisfied and connected with each other. Building software for a large organization, who has nothing in common with me, may pay the bills but is an alienating process that makes me feel detached from my own talents and the world.

About a year ago, I launched my first micro-SaaS. It is a web scraping SaaS, and it has scaled to about $400 MRR. I met several interesting clients through this business, and did one-off consultations for them which amounted to about $5,000.

However the freelancing "one-offs" are not passive, they are a grind and are alienating in the same sense that working for a big company is. Therefor I am pursuing new software projects.

More recently, I released Hyperaccs which I am selling here on MMO. That project is mostly complete, i am just sustaining the product, handling sales and marketing, and keeping the frontend looking good.

I have another project which I am starting, which I think could be extremely valuable. It's a relatively low-hanging fruit, but I think it will scale very well and prove to be a powerful tool. There is a high demand for it, and it is in a relatively unsaturated niche. The quality of my product is better than the few optioms that are out there, my marketing is better, and my customer service is better. Moreover the product is pretty much complete - it was part of another project I worked on. All there is for me to do is create a frontend, and API. This should take a week. I will refer to this as Product A for now. For now the thread will be focused on Product A.

My financial goal is $10,000 per month from all of my projects combined, I am at $400 per month now. I hope to achieve freedom from time and place. Let's see where this journey takes me.

Dagmar Hodkiewicz

Best of luck, looking forward to the big reveal of the Product A
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate."

Christophe Beatty

I bought a bot that looked similar and had to ask for a refund as nothing really worked there.

Even if you could create an account, it would be expensive (bad sms verification services) and low success rate with high bans.

I think it was created using some BAS software or something like that.

Basically it wasn't programmed but generated using another program. UI looked very similar to your program.

But your website looks better, so I guess you know what you're doing.

Good goals. Have fun. Don't burn out.