Online Sex Shop

Wilford Becker

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about diving into the world of online retail with a sex shop, and I could really use your advice on how to handle the risks involved. While I've got some experience with ecommerce and WordPress, I want to make sure I'm prepared for any curveballs that might come my way.

To keep things low-key for now, I'm thinking of using a virtual phone number for customer communication on WhatsApp and Telegram, grabbing a domain for customer support, and sorting out hosting server costs.

But here's where I'm a bit stuck: Should I stock up on inventory before launching the shop, or is there a smarter way to go about it?

Sorry if I'm not explaining this clearly; this whole business thing is totally new to me, and I'm just trying to figure it all out. Any advice or insights you can share would be a huge help

Brisa Hoppe

I tried this many years ago. Didn’t work out well for me but I am sure you will have better luck.
There are a few big companies that basically offer dropshipping.
Xtraders and dreamlove are two I used.
Hope this helps.

Arnulfo Marks

most important hing is marketing.
facebook and google wont allow you to run ads for sex toys.
how you planning to run ads to marketing?

Durward Jerde

For everyone thinking to start something in xxx ecom:
1. You cant run ads efficiently, you always need to run BH and give money to agencies/buy accs, cloaking, cant build big pixel.
2. You have same unit economics than other ecom brands. Small margins, need to sell thousands of products to make some money (which you need ads for.)
3. You also have a lot of competition of companies building SEO bc they cant do anything else. So the only traffic channel you can run is very boring (SEO) and completely saturated.

In my opinion its a shit business.