[Python] My Indexing Service Worker Script - Open Source & Methode Reveal [No Support, all DIY]

Aurelie Zemlak

I worked on my own indexing service until January, using a somewhat (I guess) unusual method, but stopped development on the project. The beta is basically still running, but is not being developed further.
Since this method will no longer work as from 12/23, as Google is discontinuing the API required for it, I have decided to open source the code of my worker (i.e. the script that does the actual work in the backend).
The method is relatively simple and perhaps also good to know for people without coding knowledge:
We abuse the mobile Friendly Test. Wich is also a great way, to uncloak sites ;)
We can do this via the Google Webmaster API - a simple API key is also sufficient, so no annoying authentication fuss when generating accounts if you want to scale. The API sends a legitimate Google bot by in real time, so to speak, which also prepares the page for the index (I cross-checked Google cache times).

Searchconsole API keys have a request limit, but no IP limit - so you can create some for yourself.

The whole thing serves more as training material that is not directly executable because the whole database structure is missing - but anyone with programming knowledge can adapt it for themselves and use the functions they need.

I won't give much support here either - I'll just throw the whole thing into the room and leave it to you to play around with ;)

Malika Connelly

Does this force Google to index a website with a new domain? Am I getting it or do I need to copy this and paste it into chatGPT for a 4th-level grade language summary??