Question about flipping/selling my existing websites

Janie Davis

I'm a software developer and have built two websites over the past year which have some traction. I'm not going to going to share links to these websites because this thread is not for advertisement purposes, I just want some advice on potentially selling them on Flippa or other marketplaces in a few months.

One of the websites which i built in January and started marketing in February has around 38000 USD in sales so far with a 88% profit margin and only one chargeback for 2676 transactions. Sales are a result of me driving around 60,000 visitors to the site in the past 2.5 months and are a one-time event (by design) meaning there are no repeat customers. I've been able to drive traffic by doing what I know how to do which is organic marketing on Reddit and Twitter. Paid ads also can work but I'm not the best at that so i focused more on what I'm better at. SEO would work very well for this niche however competition is very high so I didn't focus on that at all. That being said if a customer wanted to make money off of this they would have to actively market the website. If they didn't the site would still make around 100 USD per day on average. I want to eventually sell this project (in a few months) as I don't want to spend much more time on marketing and want to build something new however I don't know if people would be interested in something like this which seems to be more of a marketing project at this point. I made this app using React Native which is a cross-platform framework so I have an Android and IOS app for it which I haven't deployed (due to the non-recurring nature of sales). I also would like to know how much a site like this would sell for in it's current state, would it be a multiple of profit?

My other web app that I created last year in February during the AI craze is a simple website that has to with AI and mental health. I managed to get more than 2000 users over the past year mostly by word of mouth and some organic traction on Reddit. Even though I haven't marketed or focused on it in ages it still has between 2-10 daily active users and some users have been using it for more than a year now. I never monetized this one because It was more of a passion project for me however we do have some extremely valuable anonymized user data that would be very valuable in training AI models on mental health related conversation. I had an offer to buy half of this web app last November for 37500 USD but unfortunately the deal didn't go through. Is this a website or its data valuable in any way? If the data is valuable, what are some marketplaces where I can find buyers interested in this data for AI training purposes?

Would love to hear some different opinions about this here from people who have experience in this market.