Reverse engineering Reddit's mobile API

Nasir McClure

It depends on what you will use Reddit Mobile API for.
If you are using it to create an account, you need to be very careful because reddit tracks your every request and can easily tell if you are a human or a robot.

But if you just want to use it for upvotes, comments or simpler actions, you can already do it with reddit's new interface because they use the same GraphQL. There won't be a difference and you won't need to put a lot of effort.

Nasir McClure

Of course I can say that I have experience because I'm only interested in Reddit at the moment. I was unsuccessful and within 1 hour the account was suspended because I was wrong at some point and I'm sure of it but I don't know exactly where I was wrong. If you want I can provide you with a Secret Key for the hash, I still have it. It was very easy to get it anyway.

in 1 hour banned = trash creation
in 6 hour banned = a little trash creation, change method
in 24 hour banned = good creation but change method :)

if you pass 24 hours, everything is good.

I'm not working with mobile right now, I'm on the web and it's zero problems. My accounts are not banned and I can create as many as I want. But I am not aggressive when creating an account, let's say it's a private key :))

I analyzed it for a long time with solid logs and got these results.

I say again, don't waste time with mobile. The event system works very flawlessly.