What are people using paid proxies for?

Barton McCullough

Just generally interested, because I'm using free proxies and I'm looking to start using paid proxies. So what do people use premium proxies for that returns them money to cover the cost of it?

I thought credential stuffing would be the biggest need but that wouldn't return any money cant imagine anyone paying for proxies for that.

Web scraping, well I guess there could be a tiny amount in that but with so many people doing it can't see much return in it.

But I see hundreds of proxies services, they must have enough demand for their service.. please enlighten me!

Christop Abshire

I started out using proxies for web scraping. Many years later, here I am, building my own mobile proxy farm and selling proxies.

Barton McCullough

I started out using proxies for web scraping. Many years later, here I am, building my own mobile proxy farm and selling proxies.
Do you have stats on which domains are being hit the most by your customers? The only 2 use cases I can think of for positive ROI would be spamming and scraping (don't really see either of these making any money these days)

Mathew Homenick

It all depend on your use case which proxy type is better. Demand for everything is going up over time not just this but market saturation is a thing as well.

Rigoberto Durgan

So what do people use premium proxies for that returns them money to cover the cost of it?
Bulk account registrations, posting, etc. Most of the websites are basing their filters on visitors' IP addresses, so if you want to avoid issues related to IP bans, account suspensions, or other restrictions just because there are a hundred more users staring the same IP as yours, you should go private.