Will Google stop indexing my website?

Damian Kihn

Hi everybody, I own a little website where in September 2023 I published a little more than 100 articles and I started getting some traffic by referral on a big Q&A site of my country because Google wasn't indexing anything I had on my site. I was (and still am tbh) a newbie in SEO so I started to ask Google indexing of those articles on Google Search Console, where I uploaded the sitemap and every day I started reaching the daily indexing quota (11 links a day).
Fast forward March 2024, with those articles I have 5k+ impressions and 1.7k clicks so I decided to publish more articles (I take very little time in publishing them) and every day since I started again I reach the daily indexing quota on GSC. Here's my question: since Google has my sitemap, is it necessary to reach the daily indexing quota on GSC? I'd like to know since I don't have a clue about the fact that Google might stop indexing my articles if I stop asking for it.

Edyth Dach

Google's indexing process can be a bit mysterious, especially for newcomers to SEO. While submitting your sitemap and requesting indexing through Google Search Console can certainly help expedite the process, it's not always necessary to manually request indexing every day. Once Google has your sitemap, it typically crawls and indexes your site regularly on its own schedule.

However, consistently updating your site with new content can encourage Google to crawl it more frequently, which can be beneficial for ensuring that your latest articles get indexed in a timely manner.