Company beside me has a bad critic and blame on my in GMB

Adrien

I have a company where I can see clearly the products of the beside company.

They had a semibroken product since 2 years that they were renting.

4 day ago a user gave them 1 star becouse a client ended breaking that product and they gave him no invoice and the beside company took 3000 euros from the client.

the awnser of the beside company was. "This did not happen to our company, probably happened in the beside company ***in other words, my company** please place your review in the correct company"

What can I do? What would you do?

Can I get somehow in contact to the user who comented the beside company in GMB?

Hoeger

What? are you trolling?
I doubt there are only 2 business like yours on your place (you and your competitor)..
As long as your competitor didn't say your business name, why should you bother?
in my opinion you should focus on giving a better experience for your customer and let the satisfaction do the talking. I wouldn't care much if I were you.

Mabelle

only way to contact that user is to write a reply on your google-my-business panel
you can flag their comment from inside and elevate it to the google moderation team
what most people do..write a reply to put yourself in a good light and flood your listing with 5-star reviews so that 1-star looks tiny in comparison.

Willms

Sounds like they're either trying to dirty your name or just push their bad reviews on you, that's fairly disgusting

Dion

I'm not sure how it works where you're located, here in Canada there are multiple "authorities" and supervisory bodies that you can turn to in this sort of situation.

There are consumer laws in place to prevent exactly the situations you're describing (in most places across the globe as a matter of fact), and this company you're describing - well they're violating them pretty blatantly. I'd research what sort of consumer legislature exists and what supervisory bodies in your country have in place for defamation.