Competitor links are all trash

Kshler

I have been trying to build some backlinks to my site but it has been challenging, of course.

When I look at my competitors their backlinks are 95% trash, they are like foreign sites with little to no content and somehow it seems to power their sites.

Also one of my competitors has thousands of backlinks that link to images of their site specifically, not even pages.

This has made the search for good sites for backlinks even harder, but honestly I am more worried about not being able to compete.

If they are ranking as well as they all are with these trash links I am worried about wasting time trying to build proper links that may do nothing. Has anyone had any experience with trying to compete with competitors who literally all are full of garbage links?

lthea Beier

3-4 years ago, I had two competitors who had lots of trash links... about 2 years ago they lost all their traffic.
Just like you I tried to copy their links but there was NOTHING to copy.

eeley Connelly

Since How long are your competitors ranking in first page.
If you are trying to copy them what tool are you using to check their backlinks.

Sometimes tools don't show the hidden backlinks like PBN or some other.

Try to be a bit patient while working on making a brand. Starting building niche backlinks and backlinks from Discussions where talks about your products are being mentioned.