Essential reading - Online Copywriting

Vivianne

I am looking for a reading list of good books to read on the subject of Online Copywriting or just Copywriting alone.

Appreciate if anyone can add books they have read that they have enjoyed or found useful.

Many thanks.

Willard Robel

Mainly read about hooking their attention with your titles and headings, and creating urgency and value. The other stuff is more advanced if not mumbo jumbo.

The Boron Letters has a lot of good general marketing advice. People also respect Dan Kennedy. He's written a lot of books. The Ultimate Sales Letter wasn't bad.

But the only way to know is by running traffic to a page and fixing it until you convert. Reading won't do everything.

Tremaine Miller

Ca$hvertising is a good one, has a bunch of straight-to-the-point techniques, knowledge, and guidelines that will help you write better copy. It's got the basics and some more advanced stuff, I recommend it. And it isn't specifically for online copywriting, but the principles apply just the same. Also, read books by David Ogilvy. He dishes out classic knowledge that is great to keep in mind as well.

Cleo Stokes

I really liked Adweek's Copywriting Handbook by Joseph Sugarman. He's kind of an artifact of the mail-order past, but his fundamentals are spot on and he's a very engaging read.