Getting rid of YouTube attack/ransomware video

Loyal Hand

We had a scammer post a video accusing our company of being a scam. We found our way to them and paid them off a few hundred dollars to remove it. A week later, another one showed up on a different account, but obviously from the same guy (or group). We're not doing that again.

We've posted a bunch of videos of our own, that have 10x as many views as this one does. We've driven traffic, views, etc., to some of the legit third-party videos about our company. But this one scammer's video is still coming up as the top search result.

We've explored ways to take it down, and there's just not really much way with YouTube.

What I'm wondering is if we might be able to get it taken down if enough people reported it as "Spam or misleading". And if so, where could I purchase that service? It's not part of the standard offerings of any of my sources.

Laney Ker

Funny enough someone posted a "money making" method couple months ago here doing exactly what you described. How to make money through online extortion on reputation management. Cannot remember the thread link unfortunately.

Karine Le

I remember seeing a post actually talking about company brand extorsión lol, unfortunately you will never be able to get rid of all the videos, specially since passive critics are allowed in YouTube. You can just outrank their video keywords and tags... So your videos will always come up first. Remember that nobody scrolls more than 2 pages to find the right video.