How to Remove a Fake Review on Trustpilot?

Claudine Wilkinson

Hi,

I'm looking for guidance on how to remove a fake review on Trustpilot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've already flagged the review, but I haven't received a response from Trustpilot yet. The person who wrote the fake negative review is also liking their own review using new profiles.

Alexandra Botsford

Our agency does a lot of removals in the ORM space (GMB reviews, glassdoor reviews, airbnb reviews, etc.) but as far as I'm aware, there are currently no known reliable methods for the removal of trust pilot reviews. Their platform is very hard to game with traditional black hat methods (i.e. mass flagging using reputable accounts). We only knew of one agency that had a somewhat reliable removal method for TrustPilot but I strongly believe that their method revolved around using an insider at TP that would delete the defamatory reviews on their behalf. They were charging very high rates for the successful rendering of the service (low five figures) so I doubt it's a strategy many would even want to try to emulate or re-create.

Delphine

Depending on the exact nature of the criticism, maybe you have grounds to threaten to sue them for damages through misrepresentation - or twitter/google if account is inactive and they don't have it removed.

Marlene

Our agency does a lot of removals in the ORM space (GMB reviews, glassdoor reviews, airbnb reviews, etc.) but as far as I'm aware, there are currently no known reliable methods for the removal of trust pilot reviews. Their platform is very hard to game with traditional black hat methods (i.e. mass flagging using reputable accounts). We only knew of one agency that had a somewhat reliable removal method for TrustPilot but I strongly believe that their method revolved around using an insider at TP that would delete the defamatory reviews on their behalf. They were charging very high rates for the successful rendering of the service (low five figures) so I doubt it's a strategy many would even want to try to emulate or re-create.
Yes this us too costly to do and maybe with not a great success rate because if they find the person working for trust pilot they're going to fire him/her.