How to Track Sales on Websites I Don’t Own

Bogisich

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to set up Google Ads campaigns to direct traffic to marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy, etc. How can I track sales on websites that I don’t own (without using a landing page)?

I came across something called a "direct redirect," which seems to track traffic, but I’m unsure if it can track sales or just clicks. I also looked into the list of certified Google click trackers, but that only left me more confused.

Previously, I worked with an affiliate partner that used JavaScript to track users once they landed on the page, then sent data in the background—even across domains. This makes me think tracking sales should be possible, but I’m unsure how to implement it in this case.

Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated!

Barrett

You cannot do that explicitly. You would have to place JS on the Amazon thank you page so to speak to fire a sale conversion, that means Amazon would have to place that code for you which of course will not happen.

The only way I can think of to possibly get around this is program a script that reads the URL a buyer is redirected after purchasing and firing that conversion for you.