I am in China. I want to become a sourcing agent, How can I find customers?

Patience Funk

Greetings from China.

I just left my full time job and think to become a sourcing agent as there are millions of factories in China with tons of products. It is easy for me to find products here and visit the factories in person.

Key advantages for me to source products, including:
Local Insight: I understand the intricacies of the Chinese supply chain, culture, and market trends, streamlining your procurement process.
Language and Culture: Fluent in both Chinese and English, I bridge communication gaps and navigate cultural nuances for seamless collaboration.
On-Site Presence: Conducting factory inspections and face-to-face negotiations ensures precise understanding of your needs and favorable terms.
Quality Assurance: I oversee production to guarantee products meet your standards, minimizing quality risks.
Efficiency: Utilizing local networks accelerates supplier identification, reducing time frames and costs for a more efficient process.
One-Stop Fulfillment: Additionally, I offer end-to-end fulfillment services, simplifying the process with one-point contact for seamless product dispatch.
The PROBLEM is, where can I find customers that needs my assistance? Any advise?

Delfina Ziemann

I'd go work for a factory for a few years and build up a customer base here in the U.S - or become an outside rep for a bunch of factories.

Travel to the U.S - go to tradeshows, network with people, make sure you speak fluent English, and pick a particular niche to start.

CES in January would be a great place to start, it's in Vegas. When I went a few years ago I met lots of sourcing agents.