I got $4940 Unauthorized Transactions From PayPal Debit Card. It's my affiliate income for this month [Help]

Jena Denesik

Guys!

Today, I got multiple unauthorized transactions from LALA Move Philippines / ASOS, etc. (I have never heard of these sites before and I have never been to the Philippines).

Anyway, the total is $4940, and on the same day, I got withdrawals from affiliate earnings. I paused the debit card, and since the transactions are in PENDING status, I can't report them (I get an error).

I called, and they said they can't do anything as long as it's a used PayPal debit card transaction. So, I keep my faith in the merchant.

What should I do now? I tried to contact the shop seller and couldn't. I have no clue who their merchant is.

Any thoughts?

Wanda Powlowski

i need more info. which txs were charged back? LALA Move Philippines / ASOS, it might say something else on paypal but anything resembling that send u money on ur paypal matching the amounts?

Kylie Funk

Well you need to disable everything you can, call your credit card bank, say them to stop the payment, call paypal, email.

It's hard now... but give your best to stop it.

I would like to share something that everyone should follow.

You see, in today's world, hackers are very real and present.

You sit in public with your girl to drink some potions and pay with your card.

Hacker is in the same object or near, he hacked all local wi-fi networks around and every card transaction, he is able to read details.

He takes your whole card details. He never uses the card, but have his buyer on dark web.

He sells cards he took that day in bulk to someone from PH or any random country.

They order online services, buy crypto, empty the card, and everyone move on.

This would be a cross country investigation for some small amounts, no country will do that.

Solution?

You are paying stuff with your card? Get yourself another card and transfer low amounts, so in case someone steals it, they can't take more than $10-20.

Even if you pay big, get VCC from your company so you can transfer and pay one time something.

This is old like 20++ years, with CC reading from weak wi-fi networks. Polices of all countries are seeking for these guys, it's not easy to catch them, but they also do not do this everywhere and every single day. It's a shameful act of miserable human identities.