iPhone 4s Siri = Welcome back to 1995

Daija Osinski

Just a quick annoying observation about the Siri feature on the iPhone4s. Some of the elder members on this website remember back in the 95ish - 2000 time frame of the fun IRC days. You know the eggdrop, BitchX, mIRC scripting days when we made cool bots that would respond to commands? Like the scripts that would actually play music on command with the AI feature and it could answer questions. Hell... like the bot in the MMO chatroom.

With all of Apple's "innovations" (opps, I mean the technology they take from companies they purchase), wouldn't you think they could at least put in a technology that isn't 1995 based?

This is a good example of why technology in business has fizzled in the last 10 years.

Fiona Parisian

I get the idea of your post, but the thing I notice more is that you have a close tag for Rant, when you havent started it.

TAG FAIL :D

Shea Paucek

Have you actually used it? I upgraded from a 4 to a 4s and Siri is amazing. I'm using it right now in fact! I can speak multiple paragraphs and it knows exactly what I say each time.

Enrico Denesik

Isn't that kinda like saying the calculator was a rehash of the abacus?!

It's an improvement on an old idea, much like every movie or song that get's released these days. Almost everything is rehashed, it's just how well it is done...

And I'm not even an Apple fanboy.

I just love while Apple claims Siri is a massive advance for the iphone, developers created an alpha version for Android, Iris, in 8 hours. Nowhere near as good, but it's free...

Brandt Muller

There is NOTHING new under the sun. Only improvements. Metal, silicon, plastic, energy? Computer....