The new era of Content Writing post-AI

Moo

Now content writing is more about reputation and actually writing. Anyone can claim they can write, but ultimately, you never know if the person is using AI despite the guy swears for his life that he never uses AI you MUST never trust him.

So whom should you trust? Actually, anyone but those that already have a reputation.

Do you want to be a big ticket copywriter in the era post-AI? Build yourself a portfolio. It's not gonna be easy, but as you can see, you can now start charging from $10-25/100 words, something that has been a unicorn for the past 10 years
Do you need a copywriter? Ask for a portfolio, if he sends you a couple of links with plain text, dismiss. If he sends you already published articles, in non-promoted articles from reputable pages, and you like what you see, it's a good match

Otherwise, just go with AI, or look for someone to pay like $1-5/1000 words at most to compose a good-looking AI article (or learn to mass produce it by yourself)

Anything in the middle nowadays is pure bulls*** that won't rank + won't be read by anyone + a complete piece of useless effort and money to the bin.

Conclusion

It's the best time in history to be a copywriter, and at the same time, the worst time in history, depending on how you take it, because there is a massive unfulfilled demand, but it's unlikely you will be able to fill such. Now as a copywriter, unless you have the rep already, you should be undertaking that "6-month bootcamp", learning how to write, writing for free for a couple of months and building yourself up a reputation in that time. Or go for the AI strategy and sell your services for peanuts. If you can happen to perfect a good chatbot flow to mass-produce your content, it could also be worthy. Anything in the middle is a waste of time.

Mark

I never hire "content writers" anymore. Instead I find people who work in the niche and ask them if they would like to write for my blog. You'd be surprised most are flattered with being presented an opportunity out of nowhere that is straight up cash. For them it is low effort since they are already familiar with the subject matter. Pay $100 for LinkedIn Sales Navigator and hit up people in low income countries based on their profession. Then create an author profile for them with a short bio and a link to their LinkedIn profile.

Hegma

AI saturated neutral-ground text. Now, you have to be opinionated to stand out. You can't be just an educator, you have to be a "thought leader"

Mike

Yeah most of my stuff is technical and requires screenshots so AI can't really generate that type of content. With recent updates though I have given up on niche sites. I am looking into setting up an agency and then going after legitimate businesses that need content and SEO strategy. You can't create good content with pressing a button. If the writer leverages AI, puts in the work, and delivers a coherent piece that checks all the boxes then it doesn't really matter imo.

For example at my 9 to 5 I have started using AI to generate VBA code for Excel automation. What used to take 3 - 5 days can now be done in a day. No one cares how I get there as long as I check all the boxes along the way.