Thinking of switching to farming

Myane

Hello everyone !

Like most of us around here I would describe myself as an keyboard addict, spending most of my time on the computer, making a good living out of it (with variations from a period to another). Thing is lately I feel like this is not fulfilling anymore and want to do a more "real" job ,especially outdoors, in sunlight fresh air etc etc.
I am sure most of us feel the same from time to time and have these kind of thoughts, but I am now strongly considering making a radical switch to the physical world business.
The thing I am most inclined towards is farming. I have an uncle already doing that and know a thing or two and it interests me. I love nature and being outside etc. Now the thing is I have no idea really what the actual work is like when u re trying to make a good living out of it, the struggles, scaling and many more questions.

I guess the actual reasons I am writing this topic are:
1. What goes trough your mind when u feel dissatisfied with your office activities
2. Is anyone here doing some sort of farming / switched their computer job to some sort of "real-world" one ?

Klocked

I don't like farm environment, but I understand you, if it will make you happier, that's what matters, just think carefully and think a lot before taking decisions

Neha Klein

Not farming, but in the past year I've been wanting more and more to get out of the city. I've lived in tier 1 cities all my life, but I'm starting to get sick of it. Thinking of getting a place in a more open, sparsely populated location with more natural beauty.

Shemar Franecki

Farming is a fun activity if you don’t do it on a large scale, but rather on your own plot of land and grow something there. By the way, I came from this field to working with computers.