Upwork is the worst freelancing platform - Here is why

Aniya

Before you join the platform here is few key things that you gotta know. ( this is based on my experience )

1. Competition is huge, even if you have outstanding skills, it doesn't really matter, you will have hard time getting a job.
2. You gotta pay for connects, gotta pay for membership and cover huge fees and then gotta spend more money just to send request to apply for the job.
3. Payouts take long time to be processed.

And I actually worked on few projects) and made some money, but it's not worth the afford, imho. I am not saying that people are not making money here of course they are.

I am not upset or anything guys, I am just sharing my experience, so before you get started know what you are getting yourself into.
Maybe it was good few years before but now)) nah.

Ferry

It's equivalent to Fiverr in fees. Fiverr's 20% is pretty equivalent to Upwork's 10% plus connects, probably.

Amparo

also, it's really hard to get any jobs by spending connects! not worth it in my opinion

Schinner

Gotta get those clients out of UpWork, build your portfolio. That's how you get back, these platforms make a living out of sucking blood

Jeramy

I like Upwork, I get great work for peanuts. Things I absolutely detest about Upwork is sifting through hordes of cringe-worthy proposals, copy-paste "Dear Sir"messages and people begging for work even though they can't string together a coherent sentence to save their lives. It's like an open audition for the World's Worst Freelancer competition.