We Reactivated Your Account: How I Got A Deactivated Pinterest Account Reactivated

Ludwig Nolan

Anyone who's been doing Pinterest for a while knows that each time an account is deactivated it's almost always final, even for a brand new account that's yet to do anything at all.

I've had accounts deactivated before, even right after creating them. Each time I complain to support, I get a response that sounds very generic like a bot's, telling me the deactivation is final.

2 days ago I created a new account for a project I want to test, after creating and doing some set up, went to bed only to wake up to see account has been deactivated. I did what I usually do before, complain to the support through the provided option on the deactivation page and less than 24hrs later I got an email back. The screenshot is below.
When appealing, I wasn't expecting the response to be positive owing to the fact that Pinterest is notorious for not reinstating accounts. I was pleasantly surprised anyway.

What is different between this and previous times...?

While I can't guarantee doing exactly what I did would mean positive result for you, I'll still try to share it with you.

1. My email is custom email domain instead of Gmail etc. Something like Myname@Mysite.com
2. The account was created as a US account and for a US resident. I used a VPN.
3. I appealed immediately from/through the link provided on the page where I was told account was deactivated.

About 3 above, the last time I appealed it was a very basic appeal process, those ones I think I did as a non-US person and no VPN that could be the reason. But the appeal this time was a 5 step/page process. You'll provide basic details like name, mail, account username. I eventually got asked to write my complaint which I did and still provided a screenshot of my entire screen.

Once again, I don't know if any of these helped or Pinterest has actually improved in their support process and how they attend to users. Just trying to share what I found and to encourage others to appeal account deactivated because most people typically give up.

Dr. Flavio

Great, have you tried replying the email you get after account suspension, i used to reply the automated type email you get after you appeal suspension, it used to work 30% times, i don't know if you can reply that email anymore, this was 2 years ago.