What is the best tool for removing unused images from WP ?

Roger Bogisich

Could be free or the one that can be bought from @Festinger Vault.
Getting lots of images left from old product listings, need to get rid of them )
Any suggestions?

Kim Volkman

I've tested some plugins to do this a while back, but many of them ended up deleting used pics and screwing things up,
luckily i did keep a backup, so make sure to do as well,

i'm sure i do have a couple of python scripts which were perfect to make the job done,
they're basically scrape all the imgs located in the published content by conntecting in the database,
then make a list by comparing all of the images and these scraped ones, make a list for the unused ones, then delete all the unused ones by using the urls,

you'll probably will need some minor edits to make it work for you,
i'll drop the code when i have the time soon, i just can't remember the right VPS

Dagmar Hodkiewicz

Media Cleaner,Image Cleanup, Media Library Assistant, WordPress Clean Up Plugin, WP-Optimize.

My recommendation would be to start with Media Cleaner, but don't forget to back it up.

Joseph Schneider

The one and only one I use for these kind of tasks:

Christophe Beatty

A highly recommended tool for removing unused images from WordPress is Media Cleaner.
It's a popular plugin that scans your media library and identifies images that are not used in any posts, pages, or custom post types.