Will i have a problem with Google for displaying movie posters in my homepage ?

Zbon

Hi MMO,

I have a website in the iptv niche, i uploaded some movies/series posters in the homepage,
the page is indexed and can appear in search results, but will this be a problem in the future, i know that logos are a big NO for Google but i have no experience with posters

Note : iptv websites are small, even if it reaches top 3 in search, the traffic would be 5-8k monthly

Thanks

cak

you won't have problems with google,
you might have problems with companies/people owning the copyright of these movies/pics,
they can file a DMCA notice to your hosting/google to remove the content from the SERPs/website

Rich

I always use imdb to display posters for my website. Also i do them nofollow links. You're not using your server and you still have the images.

Do not forget to preload/prefetch the image domain from imdb.

Also you can use tmdb for this, and use their API, make a custom field in wp admin and just insert the movie id, then play with the data you want and just take care to do unique content on them.

100% should rank on low volume keywords.

mond

there will be some temporarily ups & downs depending on your keyword/niche/diffuculty,
everything depends on the niche, keywords used, language, etc...
you might never get a DMCA notice in some cases if they can't simply find out about it,
if can check any removed pages from your competitors website by searching "site:domain.com", you'll find it at the bottom of the SERP