Choose domain name

Warren

Hi everybody, newbie here,
I would like to buy a domain name for selling services.
As I am new to this, I have a few questions:
1) I've found 2 domain names that look interesting (to me, at least). I cannot find any information about them on waybackmachine. For one of them (domain A) I cannot find any information on whois websites either. For the other one (domain B), I can see on whois that it was last registered back in 2020. All else being equal, I would prefer to buy domain B, but I can't find any information about its "past". Lets say that domain B was involved in spam or other bad actions. Would it still be penalized after 4 years?
2) When I buy a domain, should I buy it as a private person (name, personal payment), or as a company (my newly created company)?
3) Lets say I would buy 2 or 3 domains for websites in the same category/niche, would it be ok to let google know that I own all of them? I understand that maybe linking from one to another would not increate their ranking, but would google penalize them? So basically having a few websites (same niche but for different audiences) linking to main website for traffic, not for ranking.
4) Is it ok to use gmail to register to namecheap or hostinger to buy domains? I am thinking that maybe if later I would decide to buy a few domains for a PBN, google could see that I own the domains by "reading" my gmail emails?
5) If I am not in a hurry to buy my "main" domain, should I wait and try to find one at an auction or to use a drop catch domain service? So should I spend a little more for a domain that would help me rank better than a new domain?
Thank you.

Cummerata

Welcome...
1) I can help if you share the domain (using deep tools) DM me or post here and perhaps the community can help. In my understanding ... depending on keywords etc.... Domain B if resurrected properly could be turned around for the better... redemption at it's finest
2) Doesn't matter... whatever your preference... some registrars have complimentary privacy already in place... others you will have to pay for it.
3) Good question... that's more SEO which everyone claims they now but algorithms change so much ... you could just 301 redirect all the others to catch traffic on your main domain.
4) Yes. However always use privacy and "google" won't know. Well... we think they won't know... somehow they probably will because you register the gmails and then they see registrar emails come in haha
5) That's up to you... always get the domain you really want... as long as your budget allows of course. I've never been a fan of choosing second best... just make up one better or dropcatch it or make owner an offer. FYI "ranking" better than a new domain is again more an SEO question. And so many domainers and onliners think they know the answer to this but it really depends on so many factors. Again, just get the one that fits perfect and makes sense to what you are trying to achieve.

Heloise

1. If you want, send me the names via DM, and I will look them up. Not interfering in Domain Squatting; that's illegal. Besides that, we need to check IP/TM things related to the Name; then you are good to go. So in case you are interested, let me know, I can assist, if any Mod wants to be in the Chat, I'm also fine with that - as long as you feel comfortable. I'm Domain Trader, and I'm currently not a big portfolio, but I have approximately 400.
2. I would not care much about SEO, as long as the Name is okayish and reflects the brand identity.
3. Company makes it easier for you
4. Google Topic: I don't care. If it's your brand identity, the Name reflects your Business Model - give a damn fuck about Google. There are talented people here who can help you to rank up
5. Of course, take whatever Email you want. GMAIL has a reputation and is easier to bypass, but in the end, if you pay only via crypto and create an anonymous PBN Network, use NameCheap. In case you want something for your white-hat "real" business with your company, definitely be strict about it!
There are many good Providers. I can recommend DynaDot, but all have advantages and disadvantages.
If you need Hosting, then Hostinger regularly offers good Packages.

Where are you located?

6. Why the fuck you care about ranking? It's your business in REAL WORLD.
I know people here have these marketing glasses on, but nobody cares - if the name is shit but ranks, and your products are shit - good ranking will not help you to make money.

Get a handregged domain with a clean SEO profile, without any shitty spamscore, and concentrate more on your business instead of a Domain Name, which will not earn you money.

Let me know if I can help in any way.