Experied Domain Question

Meta Turcotte

Hey MMO members, hope you all have a great weekend

I'm on my way to buy a Expired domain wich i found (from a seller) wich could be a great start help for me, i did some basic research for the domain (wich i found here on the forum) and it seems fine but before i buy it i would like to ask a few more questions here

1. for e.g If the domain was build on the topic of music, would it be possible to change it to the topic of headphones (The niche will not be completely changed since it still have someting to do with music so I wonder if it would be possible)
2. After buying an expired domain, I saw that you should recreate the exact website and leave it for a time, Is that true, if so, how long would I have to wait before I could start rebuilding the website into my own idea?
3. should i add the domain in gsc immediately after purchase or should I wait with it?

if you maybe have a few tips that i could use I would be very grateful if you could share them here

i'm very thankful for all answers in advance!

Meta Turcotte

1. 50-50, only way to find out is to try :)
2. 6-7 months should be enough from what I've heard
3.. restore the old site first and then add it
hey, thanks for the answer
So basically I should recreate the website and then after 6-7 months I could change it into my idea right?

Queenie Pfeffer

Google said that their last update specifically targeted people changing niche with expired domains to get an advantage. However I have recently changed the niche of an expired domain to what I would describe as a sub niche and it has worked fine. I also have a few sites which I did something similar with a year ago and they were fine with the core update. I think you will be fine.

Meta Turcotte

Google said that their last update specifically targeted people changing niche with expired domains to get an advantage. However I have recently changed the niche of an expired domain to what I would describe as a sub niche and it has worked fine. I also have a few sites which I did something similar with a year ago and they were fine with the core update. I think you will be fine.
Thanks for the answer, I think I'll just give it a try

How long did you wait until you rebuilt the experienced domain page or started taking action?
How long did you wait (after rebuilding the experied domain website) to start posting new content