I got scammed $1200 and I need your help

Theodore Vandervort

Hi guys, I have a very specific request, I got scammed on Airbnb with a booking I made, basically I went to the place I booked and it was absolutely not like the listing in a way that it was completely unsanitary that I had to leave the place (power going off, cockroaches, mold) like really no one wants to stay in there,
I tried to talk with the host but of course he doesn't want to refund my money, ($1200 ) - so I escalated it to Airbnb but they denied saying that dirty is not a sufficient reason and not included in their "insurance" AirCover - (I'm going to pass the details that I sent all evidence, videos, I have pictures etc)
Now I'm in a situation where Airbnb doesn't want to refund me, I had to leave the place and find a new one urgently the same day or I would have had nowhere to sleep, I luckily found last minute but now I have $1200 thrown out the window and nobody wants to refund me, I've never experienced that before, especially from a renowned marketplace like Airbnb, they don't cover anything, I still can't believe it,
It seems that the only way to get a positive outcome is to reach out to the support on Twitter with an account having some followers (thousands) get retweets and spread the word, they would instantly refund on their cost because the loss of the reach of the bad marketing / story is much higher to them, unfortunately, I'm not a social media guy and I don't have any account with followers (especially on Twitter)
If someone can help me get my money back because you want to help someone very honest that has been scammed of $1200 a very bad way I would be very grateful, if someone wants to help using the way I mentioned above, I would be happy to pay 20% of the money back or whatever as a gesture for your kind help - Also people needs to know about "AirCover" bullshit - If you use Airbnb, I warn you, you will never get covered except if the place has a different layout (which is ridiculous) so people must know about that and I don't want to give up on this - I've never thought I could be in trouble and loose so much money by using Airbnb
Let me know if you think there would be a way - I know this forum is full of online geniuses
Thanks for taking time to read

Zackary Prohaska

That's strange, I have already received some refunds from Airbnb for not so serious problems.

Have you recorded the place to show them that it's a totally different apartment?