Issue with Managing Fan Accounts on Instagram (Child Account Strategy)

Jerde

Hi everyone,

I'm currently developing a strategy to drive traffic to a primary Instagram account using multiple fan accounts or child accounts. The idea is to use these accounts across different platforms (Instagram, TikTok, YouTube) to redirect users to the main account.

My concern is how to manage these child accounts without them being flagged by Instagram's algorithm as accounts solely intended to generate traffic for another account. I want to avoid these accounts being marked as spam, experiencing a drop in reach, or even getting shadowbanned.

Has anyone here implemented a similar strategy? What tips or best practices would you recommend to keep these accounts effective while staying within Instagram's guidelines?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Maudie

It all got a lot more complicated after August 15 :) Now you need to wait for a solution to be made, right now there is none(tool, strategy, method) available that is fully working. It's still possible and I made PoC that can follow 500-600 per child account in a day but it's still unstable.

they nulled create_many and create_many/async endpoints, so it's dead end there.

graphql limits are high too, no way to send follows with it.

request stuffing? nah nah, now the Sentry is blocking it haha.

it's so much fun last 5 days, hopefully Instagram team reads bhw, if so - kudos guys but we ain't giving up yet

there is a way you can make around 200/day follows but I expect it to be patched soon as I already see it being abused from many teams

Keeb

Use an external tool to manage it also take in mind that for M/C to bring good results you must get a good amount of accounts promoting your main account