PayPal Account Banned? Congratulations!

Dagmar Hodkiewicz

Cool off cool off... dude

I don't feel sorry for you. I only feel sorry for the money locked in your banned PP account.

Now is the time to explore limitless opportunities as you can now leave your payment gateway comfort zone. It's seriously gonna be hard. I understand but you will thank yourself later when you finally find many more alternatives better than PayPal. Yes, PayPal is flexible and ditches its merchants in favor of the buyers most of the time, even if the buyers are scammy.

I spent 4 years of my life with PayPal. Did nothing illegal but was in the stealth mode with them for years until I had to file tax returns and many other legal sht a sane human being from a PP unsupported country doesn't want to deal with. It's not worth the entire hassles. All the back and forth dispute claims, charges, losses, short term profits. Yes, you can say all you want, "get all the stealth doc ready... and blah blah.." but that also won't last. Just forget it. You don't want to learn the hard way. I have read thousands and thousands of stories on how Paypal got even legit accounts frozen erroneously with their fraud algo. It's bs.

Stop Using Shit to Fix Shit

Once your PayPal gets banned, it's time to move on to a new payment processor. Not stealth PayPal (shit). There are countless number alternative merchant accounts with different levels of difficulty to get approved in each of them. Undoubtedly like Paypal, this also depends on your type of business and jurisdiction. But by far better than PayPal, favorable to merchants a bit more, and won't ban you overnight unless you are doing something really really shady or unsupported. Here is a summary of some payment gateway alternatives to PayPal with their use case.

PayPal Alternatives
Stripe - Services and SaaS
2checkout - Services and SaaS
PayOP - Services and SaaS
Wise - Wire, freelance
Payoneer - ACH, wire, freelance
Paddle - for SaaS
Coinbase - for Crypto
Flutterwave - Services and SaaS
CCBill - Services and SaaS
A lot more and more...almost endless as FinTech keeps evolving.
Again, you should check with each payment gateway to be sure of what is allowed and not allowed rather than suddenly meeting the unexpected BS you've always complained about since day #1. One thing I believe is this: no matter where you are in the world, there is always a payment processor suitable for you and your business on this planet. You just have to find it... now that's the tricky part. Finding a payment processor can take weeks, months, and even years. I was well aware that my PayPal would come to an end 3 years long before it got banned. In those three years, I have been actively searching to fck a new gateway like a btch.

What I learned

Get real from the onset! Unless your motive is ulterior- scamming people [which I strongly discourage], you should be spending your money on getting some real legal docs for your digital or physical business rather than investing the same or even more on stealth PP docs that won't last. Make sure everything checks out as real as possible: incorporation doc (you can get it from online services like IncFile etc), set up a business account with those incorporation docs (Wise, Payoneer, RelayFinance, and Mercury are your friends). All these can be sorted within 2-4 weeks.

This option might be a little bit more on the expensive side than getting stealth docs for a churn and burn PayPal, but you will have 95% more peace of mind and the feeling of getting real and not having to hide your a** unnecessarily. You can even land an investor. Com'on baby, be proud of yourself and all your efforts.

Christophe Beatty

Good list you've got there.

Ranking the processors based on my personal experience. Excluding PayPal ofc.

1.Stripe
2. Paddle
3. Payoneer
4. Flutterwave.

Wise has been a bad boy to me. Wouldn't reconmend.