Stripe question

Iliana Simonis

I offer a digital service, where I currently offer people a 48 hour free trial. I manually send them a Paypal invoice once the trial is completed, should they wish to select a Package and continue.

What I'd prefer to do is make it more automated, where I take people's payment details via Stripe and they are only charged if they fail to cancel within the 2 days.

However, I'm wondering if people who forget to cancel will just issue a refund which in turn might harm my Stripe account?

Eleanora Kemmer

I offer a digital service, where I currently offer people a 48 hour free trial. I manually send them a Paypal invoice once the trial is completed, should they wish to select a Package and continue.

What I'd prefer to do is make it more automated, where I take people's payment details via Stripe and they are only charged if they fail to cancel within the 2 days.

However, I'm wondering if people who forget to cancel will just issue a refund which in turn might harm my Stripe account?
A high refund rate will close out your Stripe account, just like any other merchant account.

What is the current sell through using your process now with PP?

Matilde Wuckert

Yes this is considered bad practice a high number of people will refund , resulting in negative balance and account suspension

Vandervort

If it's not a mmo service, you can opt for platforms like paddle to take care of that for you.

Oleta Franecki

Make it Free of Charge Trial for a certain amount of time and make a Subscription paying Structure with Terms of Condition they need to tick and make sure they know without a doubt.
Double Check with each client and give them Notification prior to the end of the Trial.