What are your thoughts on botting link shorteners?

Frank Paucek

I am a developer (i think it would take some time to develop it so i may just hire someone to do it quicker) and i have been thinking about making a bot for earning money with link shorteners i could get rotating proxies for it. I'd like to get 10k+ to the link everyday. What are your thoughts?

Kaya Kulas

Which link shortener?

I don't see anything interesting beyond scam sites pretending to be link shorteners. Wait, they're not interesting! Sorry for saying that! :D

Ahh, if I understand correctly you want to fraud link shorteners.

Then I think it's useless short term wasted effort on something too small. They're rather niche and would quickly notice something is wrong with their money leaking.

It's like "parasite seo" where guys find a site, invest weeks to bot some site and suddenly they shut down that site cause it was spammed.

And so it's not working as a business model.

OOPS!

Yes, stealing, fraud and such things are basically business models that are kind of invalid.

Maybe try reverse engineering of social media?
Or automation of YouTube? Instagram? Twitter?
Or make apps to help people that become popular naturally with high ROAS?

These things provide some stability. It's not perfect, but potential is in billions.
You can target any person on the planet with these sites, or persona in more general terms.
So choose wisely.

Madge Balistreri

Most websites have filters to detect botting and will give you less return than what a real click can give. So It is a waste of time.