What Should I Expect To Pay For A .Com Domain That Is My First and Last Name?

Chas

My name (Jake Kelly isn't my real name) .com is a domain that is about to expire in about 10 days, and I'd like to try to buy this domain. I have a very common American/European name. There are hundreds of people with this name with Facebook accounts.

The domain doesn't have anything hosted on it. It looks like ICann says the Domain Registrar is Google LLC.

I don't mind shelling out some money for this domain, but I don't want to overpay for it. How much should I expect to pay for a domain that is myfirstnamelastname.com?

Mayert

it comes down to what you're willing to pay. Unless you're a famous celebrity or personality name-based domains should not cost more than $100

Ebb

If you are not looking for DonaldTrump.com or JoeBiden.com and if it's available in the deletion pipeline and not due for expiration period, then you should get it for less than $10, else you have to wait for some time depending on the registrar or you should look out for some backorder options.

Some registrars push it to their marketplace, so anyone can but during the restoration grace period, so you should have an option for that, but since you have mentioned it's Google LLC, I don't think they have that option, so this might help you: https://support.google.com/domains/answer/3260599?hl=en

Medhu

Don't miss the train, you better buy it to build a portfolio site. You should consider alternatives like .me, .io, etc. if the price is too high. Those are getting increasingly popular for personal websites.

You may also choose an unpopular extension to create unique domain names. In this instance, you can purchase a .ly domain. Your domain would then be Jakekel.ly.