YouTube shorts views suppresion

Haag

I had success with YT shorts in the past having shorts with millions of views. I tried to replicate this with other channels, at this point I've uploaded hundreds of videos and the most views that I got was 90k

Now the most important part, I have plenty of videos with 86-87% view rate and in some cases 160-170% retention. By the time it hits 10k views I get 20-30 comments. Comparing these metrics with my first "successfull" shorts channel and with other people channels that had success with shorts these metrics are superior.

If you know anything about shorts, these metrics are insane and many of these shorts should have went viral and gained millions if not tens of millions of views. But they didn't.

The way YouTube works is very simple, YT wants people to watch as many videos as possible and stay on YT for as long as possible so they could show more ads and YT could earn more ad revenue from the advertisers.

YouTube wants people to choose to watch the video, watch it for as long as possible, engage with it and watch more videos. MrBeast talked about, it noticed this to be true with my "successfull" channels.

My shorts check all the boxes, the metrics are absolutely phenomenal. The fact that 20s long video with 87% view rate and 140% retention doesn't get pushed past 13k views is criminal.

In comparison, on my "successful" channel, my short with 10 millions of views and counting has 81% view rate and 108% retention on 25s video.

The only possible conclusion that I can come to is that my other shorts channels are being artificially suppresed. Why?

Joshuah

Your other shorts channels may be facing algorithmic suppression due to factors like content niche, channel history or inconsistent upload patterns you can experiment with different content strategies or appeal to YT for potential review

Moo

It depends mostly on the popularity of what you are uploading, also your 1st channel may have a strong brand. Also, your "phenomenal" statistics may look unnatural to Google.