JS crawling problem of mobile e-commerce website

Lavonne

I have a question. The menu bar link of my mobile website uses JS to expand the secondary directory. Can Google index the links in my secondary directory?

I have very few mobile crawls now, and there are almost no internal links on GSC.

Runolfsson

Google can index links that are shown by JavaScript. If you're not seeing many mobile crawls or internal links in Google Search Console, it might be because Google is having trouble reading the JavaScript. To fix this, make sure your JavaScript is not blocking Googlebot. You can use Google Search Console's URL Inspection tool to check how Google views your site and look for any problems.

Norwood

Googlebot can render JavaScript, it might not always interact with or fully execute scripts, especially if the links are only accessible after a user action. To improve indexing, consider using server-side rendering (SSR) or ensure that essential links are included in the static HTML. Also, ensure your desktop and mobile sites are correctly linked with `rel="alternate"` and `rel="canonical"` tags. Testing with Google’s tools like the URL Inspection Tool can help identify if Googlebot is missing any links.