Windows Recall: Microsoft will save every aspect of your digital life ;)

Benedict Moen

Their new feature in Windows 11 will screenshot your desktop in real time, multiple times / second and AI will recognise what are you doing.
So you can possibly come back after 3 months to things you were doing. Working in apps, games, browser, everywhere.

So Microsoft is telling they will store data localy

In reality, your data will be accessible for:
-Microsoft business partners
-goverment authorities
Like telemetry before, they will have everything about your life.

For now it's only for Snapdragon Elite X computers, but I think soon for all Windows 11.
For now it's optional feature, but who guarantee they will not enable it in the background?
Time to learn Linux.

Andres Medhurst

I don't thing they will get away with that, is to intrusive that basically says, stop using windows with capital letters imagine a hacker get access to that, oooh my Microsoft offices will be caos, basically saving your all history for someone to see it, what they will say? security and protection of the device is your own responsability 100% sure they will come with a stupid response like that one.

Leon Zemlak

Even if it's locally it doesn't mean that a person with nefarious intents won't be able to access it. There's a backdoor that is built into modern chips that can't be detected by AntiVirus.

Eloy Schneider

I would use Linux, but my journey with this system isn't good.
It's not out of the box, it's always fun in Terminal with packages and dependencies, always